New DotA Item: Phase BootsWritten by admin on October 12th, 2008
The addition of the phase boots have made treads and bots obsolete.
Phase boots are universally good for every single hero
- It has a super cheap total cost of 1610 (240 less than treads and 1090 less than bots)
- gives +7 armor which is great for tower diving
- 80 max move speed after activated for 5 secs and only has a 10 sec cool down (the previous bots had a ms of 85, the 5 ms difference is negligible)
- gives +16 attack damage
- gives no collision (allows hero to move through units)
Now with all these perks there is no reason not to get them for every hero.
Think about it, every hero type can make use of it.
- intelligence: escaping with faster move speed, chase for stun, chase for nuke. ex: lina, lion, lich, lesh
- strength: faster move speed always great and helps position themselves for stomp, ult, etc. ex: tide, centaur, tree, axe
- agility: more armor for fragile bodies, more attack damage, faster chasing ability, helps escape. ex: viper, drow, jugg, sniper