This guide was created by Ingolf. Good joob!
Greetings all, and thanks for reading this. Before you continue, I want to state clearly that due to my relative low age, my English is not the world’s best and you may happen to find a lot of incorrect grammar. Furthermore I have never played a high competitive game, so I cannot assure that this guide will help you through a tougher match.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Rattletrap the Clockwerk Goblin
Table of Contents
- Hero analysis
- Skill order
- Item build
- How to play
- Optimizing Battery Assault
- Bullseyeing Rocket Flare
- Alternative Kama Sutra – How to use your Cog
- Heroes to watch out for
- Rattletrap’s best friends
IceFrog recently released the Dota Allstars 6.53 map introducing a new hero, Rattletrap, the Clockwerk Goblin. I think this hero has a lot of potential to become a league picked hero in the future with his tremendous capability and map control. Although some claim he is merely a gank hero with very little team work potential except for his Rocket Flare ability which gives vision on the map, enabling ganks, I’m here to state my personal opinion and hopefully prove them wrong. Here I will examine the new hero inside and out and show you the pros and cons to determine whether or not the hero can be used for competitive play.
I recommend you to play Rattletrap if you
- Want to play a unique and very entertaining hero
- Want to crush everything and everyone and carry your team through the middle game
- Love to play entertaining, imbalanced gank heroes
- Want to play a hero who has four abilities with many functions and aspects
- Love the feeling of feeling like a pro when you succesfully execute tough comboes again and again
I do not recommend you to play Rattletrap if you
- Want to farm the entire game
- Are bored with roaming and ganking all the time
- Love to play carry heroes the most
- Don’t like to play a hero that requires concentration, knowledge, sense of occasion and skills
If this sounds interesting, please continue reading.
Now let’s have a closer look on Rattletrap’s pros/cons, stats and abilities.
- Devastating ganking potential
- Astounding channeling disrupter
- Excellent map control
- Strong strength gain
- High health pool
- Abilities that have multiple uses for different situations
- All the abilities have fairly low cooldowns and mana costs.
- Not very item dependant
- Powerful all-round hero
- Very low agility gain
- Loses potential as the game goes on
- His only true disable captures himself too
- Lacks real disables like Storm Bolt or Lightning Strike Array
- Does not farm very well throughout the game
- Doesn’t do extremely well around too many enemies
The by-product of Goblin technological weapon research during the old War, Rattletrap the Clockwerk Goblin was shut away into storage for countless decades until the Sentinel found and reactivated him. Combat-wise, this goblin’s capabilities know few bounds; his body is stocked with a huge array of armaments that destroy targets both near and far with ease. His trademark wrench can even extend itself like a grappling hook, allowing him to pick off individual targets with pin-point accuracy.
- 24 + 2,4
- 13 + 1,2
- 17 + 1,7
Attack range of 125.
Movement speed of 310.
Level 1 information:
– Health: 606
– Mana: 221
– Damage: 55-57
– Armor: 2,8
– Attack Speed: 1,5 sec
Level 25 information (without any worn items):
– Health: 2069
– Mana: 1001
– Damage: 112-114 +20
– Armor: 7,8 +2,8
– Attack Speed: 1,06 sec.