Many of you wanted to get beta accounts for new Dota-like game Heroes of Newerth. Today, 10 minutes ago S2Games has open beta registration for all! But be faster – you have only 24 hours to register. And there’s also one condition, you must be registered in Facebook and be fan of HoN club. Then you can go to http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/open_create_account.php and there you will be able to create your own beta account. But you must follow this link from facebook page directly, it’s requirement of S2Games, authors of HoN. Have fun.
...now browsing by category
Blizzard released latest patch for Warcraft III – 1.24. There’s no balance changes just like it wasn’t in 1.23, but there’s fixes of several serious security vulnerabilities, which could allow attacker to execute arbitrary code on player’s computer using specially configured custom map. Also, due to the fact that some potentially dangerous functions of JASS (Warcraft III built-in scripting language) have been replaced by the safer analogs, many popular Warcraft custom maps can’t work on new patch, including the latest versions of DotA Allstars. In this regard, IceFrog recommends to wait for the 1.24b patch and a new DotA version – 6.62. He thinks bundle should work fine.
This guide was written by UTDC.Justin, thanks!
Roshan is a highly competitive and integral portion of DotA that should not be underestimated. Whether it’s to obtain an early extra survival item and team gold as someone like Lycan, Ursa or even someone like Undying, or a lategame buff to your carry/central hero, it’s important to incorporate several important factors:
1. Roshan/Rune Awareness: Having vision over this area is quite important, many players neglect this when there is an early Roshan, giving up both a free kill and 1000 gold or so. This is a must have in games with Lycan, Ursa. If the enemy Ursa has a Vlads or is reasonably levelled, (use -ma and hero clicking to check), begin scouting out the area on occasion. Making a few extra steps when you scout/go for the bottom rune won’t hurt if you decide against warding.
Click to continue »
Thanks for that guide goes to m1LkmaN. Good job pal!
Topics of Discussion: Attitude, Teamwork, Skills, Practice, Conclusion
This guide is written to help anyone who wants to get into competitive DotA or move towards the mid-upper tiers of players. As the leader of BVD for over a year now, I have seen my team move from losing to pub teams to one of the best in Australia and New Zealand. Many people ask to join my clan, some of which I accept and some of which I reject because of a number of reasons. This guide is aimed at those people looking to join or improve a team, especially their role in the team. I will go through a number of methods in which players can improve, not specific techniques as they have been discussed ad nauseam (I will link to some of the most important and helpful guides).
I know it has been said before, but success is not easy. You will not improve as much as others if you do not put effort in. This does not mean that DotA becomes a job, it simply means that when you play, you aim to have fun by playing your best and ultimately winning. Improvement does not come quickly nor easily, so it is vital that you remain patient and are happy with slow, steady improvement. As long as you can keep that in mind, you will become a good player in time. One thing to always remember is that you are not the best, and there is always room for improvement, no matter how good you think you are. You should listen to other players and take their opinions and advice into account, especially those better than you, but should always think and make decisions for yourself instead of mindlessly copying those better than you. Some ways to play better and win more games are explained in the next three chapters, but before we get into those, you must ensure that you and the people you play with want to improve. If they are not willing to put in the effort required, then you are better off staying a pub player or looking for a different team of players.
Joining a Team
To find or start a good team, you need to put yourself out there and play with a wide variety of people on different platforms, as well as searching forums as to find out which teams are recruiting. When joining a team, first and foremost you must like the people and enjoy playing with them, or else you will not fit in and play well. If you like the players, then ensure that their attitude is right and their skill level is somewhat close to yours. Most importantly, if you find a team that you enjoy playing with and share similar views with, commit to staying with them and do the most you can to improve as a team, and keep the team together.
Teamwork is most probably the hardest aspect in DotA to perfect. Not only do you have to start again every time you join a team, but need great communication and similar thought processes even when playing online. Ventrilo is an absolute must for every team, no matter the skill. You can improve teamwork by playing together, mainly in scrims (clan wars). By calling missing, communicating during ganks and teamfights, deciding early who is going for which item (eg who gets a diffusal against warlock), you can not only better your chances of winning that particular game, but improve long term teamwork. In the event that players do not have microphones, are capped etc and are unable to use Ventrilo, then you must call missing and for ganks, as well as communicating as to what you need to do to win while players are respawning or regenerating at base.
So, new version is released. We didn’t wait it as long as previous and there’s not so much major changes. Most of imporves is bug fixes or light nerfes. It’s time to get DotA 6.57 and try it out.
DotA 6.57 Changelog:
* Changed how -sd hero selection works. The three heroes are now added as icons to select from your circle of power
* Lots of fixes and improvements to the translation capacity of the map
* Fixed a few Warcraft 1.20e specific bugs for Chinese community
* Some performance improvements (more coming in the near future)
* Your Circle of Power now has 6 inventory slots. The items it has are now abilities instead. You cannot pickup items that you don’t own with Circle of Power
* Items drop on top of your Circle of Power if a unit is not there instead of making a big pile in the center
* Improved Shallow Grave cooldown
* Increased the bounty on Power Cogs a little bit
* Decreased Clockwerk’s Intelligence gain slightly
* Increased Hookshot manacost from 125 to 150
* Scaled the cooldown on Eclipse from 140 seconds for all levels to 160/150/140 seconds
* Eclipse no longer continues after death, Beam interval is increased from 0.5 to 0.6 seconds
* Improved Windrunner cooldown
* Lowered Admiral Proudmoore’s base Intelligence and intelligence gain
* Decreased X Marks The Spot duration
* Added manacost to manual return ability of X Marks The Spot
* Increased Ghost Ship’s manacost
* Lowered Omniknight’s base movement speed by 5
* Increased Rhasta’s base strength
* Improved AOE on Fervor
* Improved Dark Seer’s cast animation point
* Increased length of Wall of Replica slightly
* Lowered bonus damage per second on early levels of Geostrike
* Tweaks to Shackleshot angle and area check mechanism
* Slightly improved Shackleshot duration and cd
* Improved Mass Serpent Wards’ cooldown
* Reduced Haunt Illusions’ damage from 50% to 40%
* Haunt now has a 1 second delay during which they fade in before the images start attacking the targets
* Improved Thunder Clap AOE
* Improve Primal Split’s manacost and cooldown scaling per level
* Improved Life Break
* Improved Slardar’s Cast Point
* Increased Command Aura’s AOE
* Reworked Voodoo Restoration stats
* Minor improvements to Glyph of Fortification
* Courier now costs 200 gold
* Improved Eidolons damage type progression
* Lowered Lycan’s Wolves Hitpoints
* Lowered base armor on Lycan and his wolves by 2
* Increased Empowering Haste’s AOE
* Improved Aphotic Shield’s life from 100/125/150/175 to 110/140/170/200
* Increased Kelen’s Dagger cooldown from 15 to 18
Click to continue »